I’m excited to be publishing my first blog post! And to celebrate the event, I’ve made a simple, super-healthy tuna salad. It’s the perfect dish for a light lunch. It has tuna of course, which is full of protein, and a secret ingredient – the kholrabi (a.k.a German Turnip) which is a great source for dietary fiber, Vitamin C, magnesium, calcium and more. I like to add cottage cheese to any green salad with, but it’s not mandatory.
A simple tuna salad made with cucumber, tomatoes, onion, cottage cheese and kholrabi with easy lemon and olive oil seasoning.
Tuna-Cottage-Cheese Salad Recipe
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 kholrabi
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Step 1 Cut up cucumber, tomato, kholrabi, and onion and place in bowl.
- Step 2 Drain tuna and add to bowl.
- Step 3 Add cottage cheese.
- Step 4 Season with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Serve with a fresh slice of lemon.