Who doesn’t love chocolate? 🙂 Well I have a great and healthier version for any store-bought chocolate bar. These scrumptious chocolate chunks are made with coconut oil, which is rich in natural saturated fats. Those fats help increase “good” HDL cholesterol levels in your body.
Together with organic cacao powder, high-quality vanilla extract and a hint of honey for some sweetness, this is a super easy recipe that you will certainly make more than once. Surprise your family and friends with homemade chocolate from raw ingredients! You can use a silicon chocolate mold for heart-shaped chocolate bites, or an ice tray for chunks like I did.
You will need a small saucepan, cold pressed coconut oil, high-quality cacao powder, high-quality vanilla extract and honey. I like to use unheated, raw honey, as it preserves the honey enzymes and vitamins more efficiently. If you like a surprising crunchiness in your chocolate, you will need toppings such as cranberries, shredded almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, coconut flakes etc. You can also add crushed mint leaves for a tasty mint-chocolate version.
Homemade Coconut Oil Chocolate
Homemade chocolate chunks made with coconut oil, cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 spoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings of choice
- Step 1 Heat coconut oil in saucepan (low heat) for 3 minutes
- Step 2 Add honey and vanilla extract
- Step 3 Add cacao powder and stir till evenly mixed
- Step 4 Add toppings of choice (cranberries or nuts) to chocolate mold or ice-cube tray (great hack!)
- Step 5 Pour chocolate over toppings
- Step 6 Refrigerate for at least 1 hour